Friday, May 10, 2013

His Blessing

Well, hello! I bet you thought I had disappeared, huh?! I suppose I did, but not because I didn't want to write...I simply haven't had the time, the energy, the health, or the words. But, I'm back! I'm rested, healthy, I'm still short on time, but I have some new thoughts that I want to share :-)

I know that I have vowed to not plan my next blog entry, as something inevitably comes up to disrupt my precious writing time, but I am going out on a limb to say that tomorrow I will share the exciting happenings of the McNamee family with all of you! Just a preview? We're under contract on a new home and on our current home! Caleb survived another way-too-long plane trip, I survived a flu bug (who gets the flu in May?!?), and we are preparing for a gloriously fantastic summer! He is so good...

As I hear my little one stirring, let me share a blessing that I was led to this morning during my quiet time. This blessing from 1 Kings was given from Solomon to the people of Israel during the dedication of the Temple. Remember that all of God's Word remains true today. The Bible is an over-arching story of the love of God for His people, all of His people. Though this blessing is directed at the Israelites, it may be received by us today as followers of Christ. Read this, meditate on this, and let it sink into the core of your spirit today, mommies :-)

"Praise be to the Lord, who has given rest to His people just as He promised. Not one word has failed of all the good promises He gave through His servants. May the Lord our God be with us as He was with our fathers; may He never leave us nor forsake us. May He turn our hearts to Him, to walk in all His ways and to keep the commands, decrees and regulations He gave our fathers. And may these words of mine, which I have prayed before the Lord, be near to the Lord our God day and night, that He may uphold the cause of His servant and the cause of His people according to each day's need, so that all the peoples of the earth may know that the Lord is God and that there is no other. But your hearts must be fully committed to the Lord our God, to live by His decrees and obey His commands, as at this time." 1 Kings 8:56-61

No comments:

Post a Comment