Sunday, November 3, 2013

Gratitude - Day #3

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." 
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

For so many years, I wondered what God's will could be for my life. In my very first post, I shared the frustration I experienced over not knowing the clear and direct plan for my "job" or "role" in the Kingdom. As I've grown closer to Him, specifically over the past few years, I feel like there are actually two parts to the will that God has for each of our lives. There is His will for our part in the Kingdom, otherwise known as our calling. Then, there is the will that He has for every Christ-follower. The way He asks us to live, to behave, and to show His love to others so that they may come to know Him. This verse showcases the latter understanding of God's will. He desires for all of us, because we believe in God and His Son, Jesus, to always be joyful, pray constantly, and to give thanks in all circumstances. Not just on the great days, but on the bad days, too! 

No matter what kind of day this might be for you in the realm of motherhood, let's all choose to be joyful, to pray, and to give thanks that we get to be followers of Christ. Be blessed, mommies!

No comments:

Post a Comment