Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Gratitude - Days #14, #15, #16, and #17

All I have to say is that this must be a very busy time in November! As I was looking back over my verses from November 2012, I got behind at exactly the same time! Haha! I suppose that a Baby Shower, a traveling husband, a sick toddler, early Christmas shopping, and a broken car will do that :-) It's okay...I doubt God is keeping a tally of whether or not I post a gratitude verse each morning, BUT I do feel encouraged to finish what we started. Get ready!

For Thursday, the 14th...

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." 
Philippians 4:6

For Friday, the 15th...

"We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus..." 
Colossians 1:3

For Saturday, the 16th...

"We give thanks to you, O God, we give thanks, for your Name is near; men tell of your wonderful deeds." Psalm 75:1

For Sunday, the 17th...

"Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song." 
Psalm 95:1-2

As I've searched through the Bible for verses dedicated to gratitude, I have found that many times God offers the "cure" for anxiety...it is giving Him praise and thanksgiving! While I still have to work at this on a daily basis, I'm learning that when I choose to live in a state of thanksgiving to Him for all He has blessed me with, it's really hard to be stressed out about my silly life. Try it! The next time you feel yourself getting worked up about a toddler tantrum, a cranky husband, a late dinner, pick your poison...try and turn your line of thought towards the blessings you can show gratitude for right at that moment. It's pretty neat how He bestows peace upon His daughters when we turn our eyes to Him!

For the other verses, their meaning is pretty straightforward. We should always remember to thank God for those people whom we are praying for, we should thank Him when we hear others spreading the good news of His loving nature, and we should enjoy praising Him with music and song. So many ways to think of showing gratefulness to our Creator right in His Word. So cool!

Join me tomorrow for verses to celebrate November 18-21. The toddler is snoozing, so I'm going to take a little nap to let his ginormous brother grow a bit more :-) Catch you tomorrow, mommas!

No comments:

Post a Comment