Saturday, November 17, 2012

Gratitude Catch Up!

Okay, I'm late with our gratitude verses, but here we go...get ready to have your socks blessed off, mommies, from His Word!

For Wednesday, the 14th...

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

For Thursday, the 15th...

"We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus..." Colossians 1:3

For Friday, the 16th...

"We give thanks to you, O God, we give thanks, for your Name is near; men tell of your wonderful deeds." Psalm 75:1

For Saturday, the 17th...

"Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song." Psalm 95:1-2

As I've searched through the Bible for verses dedicated to gratitude, I have found that many times God offers the "cure" for anxiety...it is giving Him praise and thanksgiving! While I still have to work at this on a daily basis, I'm learning that when I choose to live in a state of thanksgiving to Him for all He has blessed me with, it's really hard to be stressed out about my silly life. Try it! The next time you feel yourself getting worked up about a toddler tantrum, a cranky husband, a late dinner, pick your poison...try and turn your line of thought towards the blessings you can show gratitude for right at that moment. It's pretty neat how He bestows peace upon His daughters when we turn our eyes to Him!

For the other verses, their meaning is pretty straightforward. We should always remember to thank God for those people whom we are praying for, we should thank Him when we hear others spreading the good news of His loving nature, and we should enjoy praising Him with music and song. So many ways to think of showing gratefulness to our Creator right in His Word. So cool!

I need to head to bed to muster my strength for the Thanksgiving shopping trip tomorrow! While I've never claimed to be a great cook (hence the reason for a lack of recipes on this blog!), I absolutely love preparing and serving Thanksgiving dinner. It's turned into our privilege to host, and we really enjoy it! Most of my recipes are tried and true, but I throw in a couple of new ones each year. I will share the recipes sometime in the next few days. Maybe they can be a blessing to you and your family as you serve, or help to serve, this holiday! Be blessed, mommies!

MMSM #60
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! Starbucks has delighted me once again! Check out this link:
Through Sunday, November 18, Starbucks will give you a free drink for every one that you order! Check the link for details, but you can be sure we are visiting tomorrow. Happy Starbucksing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment