Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Gratitude for the ABC's of Scripture

A few months ago, I posted a Pinterest idea about using the ABC's of scripture to decorate our play room. I took it a step further by attaching an ABC flash card to each paper, so that my son will become familiar with letters and the alphabet order. Each of my cards look like this:


Instead of simply telling you about this idea, I thought I would share the verses that I chose to use for this project. My goal in searching for scripture was the following:
  • a scripture for each letter
  • scripture that is easily applicable to the life of a child
  • scripture that can be easily memorized
  • a personal desire for each of these lessons to be instilled in our children (for instance, I have a strong background in music, so my husband and I have a hope to develop the passion for praise in our children...hence, the letter "S". We also feel it is important to take time to rest, therefore I chose a verse about the Sabbath for the letter "R.")
I compiled my list from a variety of sources. I used blogs (a great resource is The Princess and the Jedi), Google searches, a hand out from bible study, and my own personal Bible knowledge. I let the Lord lead me as I put together the flash cards, and I'm now excited to have these to start praying scripture over our son as he plays! I chose to arrange them as a border near the ceiling in the playroom. It's colorful, cute, and Godly. The only thing that would make it better is glitter. Unfortunately, glitter and boys don't mix in our house, per my husband :-)

Feel free to use, to share, and to make this list your own. I pray that it can be useful to you as you raise your children to be thankful for the Word of God as they grow. Today, I am thankful for His Word. What a powerful helper in the busyness and difficulties of parenting!

"Now, our God, we give you thanks, and praise Your glorious name." 1 Chronicles 29:13
Today, and everyday, be blessed!

A - "As for God, His way is perfect." 
Psalm 18:30
B - "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved." 
Acts 16:31
C - "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right." 
Ephesians 6:1
D - "Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." 
Psalm 37:4
E - "Every good and perfect gift is from above." 
James 1:17
F - "For nothing is impossible with God." 
Luke 1:37
G - "Goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life." 
Psalm 23:6
H - "Honor your father and mother." 
Exodus 20:12
I - "I am the Lord, the God of all mankind."
 Jeremiah 32:27
J - Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me." 
Matthew 19:14
K - "Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking lies." 
Psalm 34:13
L - "Love is patient, love is kind." 
1 Corinthians 13:4
M - "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord." 
Psalm 100:1
N - "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." 
Hebrews 13:5
O - "Obey the Lord your God and follow His commands." 
Deuteronomy 27:10
P - "Pray continually." 
1 Thessalonians 5:17
Q - "Quench not the Spirit." 
1 Thessalonians 5:19
R - "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy." 
Exodus 20:8
S - "Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord." 
Ephesians 5:19
T - "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." 
Proverbs 3:5
U - "Understanding is a fountain of life to those who have it." 
Proverbs 16:22
V - "Victory rests with the Lord." 
Proverbs 21:31
W - "When I am afraid, I will trust in You." 
Psalm 56:3
X - "Let us eXamine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord."  
Lamentations 3:40
Y - "You are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it." 
1 Corinthians 12:27
Z - "Never be lacking in Zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord." 
 Romans 12:11

No comments:

Post a Comment