Friday, November 9, 2012

Gratitude with Music

We're already at Day #9 of November, on our month of finding scripture of gratitude in His Word! I will be honest that I got quite excited when I found Christmas music on the radio last night. It makes my heart smile every year. Funny Friday story...last night an oldie, but a goodie, started playing...sung by Nat King Cole or Bing Crosby, or someone with a really deep voice. Coincidentally, my husband has a very deep voice. As soon as that song started, my son went nuts in the back seat saying, "Dada, Dada, Dada!" Sweet little boy...he thought Daddy was singing on the radio. Love him!

Speaking of singing, let this scripture of Thanksgiving come into your heart today!

"Speak to one another with psalms, hymns, spiritual songs (and Christmas music!). Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." Ephesians 5:19-20 ("Christmas music" added!)

Oh, how God loves to be praised. And, it is my own thought, that he especially loves the praise of sweet, innocent, children's voices. Developing a discipline and love of praise in our homes is one of the best ways to teach our children how to acknowledge the Lord and thank Him for all He has done. We don't need to have the best voices in the world! We simply need to go all out in praising the One who brings all good things into our lives.

Today, let's enjoy some time of singing (unashamedly!) praise songs to our Father. Maybe it means Christmas music in the car, a worship CD on the stereo during dinner, or soft praise music played during nap time for our little one. Just as I mentioned the other day, it always calms my soul down, and I love to see His praise at work in the spirit of my son.

And when you're singing Christmas music with your children, at the top of your lungs...remember, that it's okay because:


Today, and everyday, be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment