Thursday, November 8, 2012

Gratitude for Others

"I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers." Ephesians 1:16

It is so important to stop and show gratitude for the many people whom God has brought into our lives for a reason, a season, or a lifetime. As we remember to be thankful, we should also remember to pray for that person/those people. I am thankful for my family, my friends, my acquaintances, and for the many of you who read this blog! There have been days when I have questioned whether or not I am doing the right thing with starting and continuing this blog. Whenever I get discouraged, receive a negative comment, feel like it's taking time that could be spent on more pressing matters, or simply feel empty of wisdom from Him, I ask God to send me some encouragement if he wants me to keep going. Immediately, like within the day, I will receive a text, a comment, or a story of how something I put out there has blessed the life of another mommy. He is so faithful to give us what we need. You all are so faithful to keep reading and to encourage me as I continue on my journey. I do give thanks for you, and I pray over each post that it may be a blessing to any woman who reads it. Today, let's all remember to continuously give thanks and remember to pray for those who are special to us. Be blessed, mommies!

MMSM #58
We are Costco members, because I have found certain things to be a great deal at that store. I have also found several things that are a terrible deal at that store, and most things are middle-of-the-road pricing (like Walmart) packaged in bulk. I have to be careful to stick to my list, and just enjoy the samples :-) Here is a list of things that I regularly buy due to their great price, and I get really excited when I can pair them up with the monthly coupons that arrive in our mail:


 

  • Huggies baby wipes (the price is comparable to Amazon)
  • Children's vitamins
  • Children's snacks (Gogo Squeeze fruit, Goldfish, granola bars, Annie O's)
  • Quaker Oatmeal 
  • Frozen PB&J 
  • Fruit/Veggie juice boxes 
  • Eggs
  • Milk 
  • 1/2 and 1/2
  • Tortilla chips
  • Take-n-bake pizza
  • K-cups for Keurig coffee makers (great deal with a Costco coupon!)
  • Reynolds Wrap foil
  • Glass cleaner (the aerosol brand, NOT Windex)
  • Toothpaste (only when paired with a Costco coupon)
  • Tampax (gotta love being a girl!)
  • Toilet paper (only when paired with a Costco coupon)     
  • Dog food
  • Car tires (no joke...nearly $100 cheaper than a tire store)
I will occasionally buy other items if I have a coupon, and if I will use it. Remember my rule of couponing...don't buy things just because they are a good deal! This is my go-to list of items that I rarely buy anywhere else. Be careful of the pre-packaged dinners and meat. I find it to be way overpriced. Also, be wary of their produce. It doesn't stay fresh for long, at least from our Costco. Clothes are cheap, but you can get them cheaper at consignment sales, and don't fall for the sampled items! They usually aren't that great of a deal. Pay close attention to the price per item/ounce on the price tag. It gives you a good idea of what might be a better deal at your typical grocery store with a coupon. I hope this helps! Remember to stick to your list, and feed your kids the samples for a free lunch!

3 comments:

  1. Blast! I forgot to add their hummus and salsa. Both are a fairly good deal, and my husband is nuts about both products :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Negative comments? Who would leave you negative comments? He/she must have no soul. Because your blog is so uplifting and wonderful. I love your scripture references and your interpretation of them. What fun to follow your blog.

    I'm grateful for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're so sweet, Laurel! I'm grateful for you, too!

      Delete