Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Crafting for Staging

Just a little "necessary" crafting today. In preparation for our home sale, our realtor suggested that we take down every personal item. I had a decorative sign with our last name on the front door, so something needed to take its place. I searched Hobby Lobby for a pretty Spring wreath, but they were way too expensive! So...

I bought a plain wooden wreath for $6.99 minus a 40% off coupon, a few flower arrangement odds and ends that were on clearance, and this sweet flower bow (also on clearance). I dug out my glue gun (thankfully, it wasn't packed!), wire cutters (regular scissors won't work on artificial flower bouquets), and 30 minutes of my time while Caleb napped. Then, I just played! Cut the flowers apart. Make some pieces longer than others. Remove the leaves if the green isn't to your liking. Finally, stick and glue to your heart's content!

They also have different shapes of this wreath material at Hobby Lobby...
Be sure to choose arrangements that compliment each other, but don't get too matchy-matchy.
Voila! A welcoming addition to our front door that is sure to appeal to any buyer...haha! We'll see :-)

I was pleased with my project, and makes me smile to have something so bright and cheerful on our front door. And, it cost less than $15! Not too shabby. 

Get ready for more tips on decorating and staging (if needed) your home on the cheap! I'm attempting to spend less than $100 to totally set up our home for spectacular showings. My hubby is doing the grunt work...re-organizing the garage and basement, moving furniture, and carrying boxes up and down the stairs. My job is to make things clutter-free, organized, and pretty. Easier said than done! Stay tuned for the continuation of our adventure :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment