Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Don't Be Scared!

Good morning! Here is my awesome gardener story for the week: We were cleaning out the garage, in preparation for listing our house, and I found a bag of tulip bulbs that I purchased on sale last Fall and forgot about. Well, what do you know...those little suckers had sprouted! Every one of them! I quickly planted them in front of our porch, and I'm hoping for the best :-) There you go...another example of McNamee gardening at its finest!

My hubby is gone this week, and I got myself a little spooked out last night. I heard weird noises, and checked on Caleb more than normal. Thankfully, I was exhausted and slept hard, but I still couldn't shake the nervous feeling this morning. In my quiet time, God led me to Psalm 91. I've read this passage before, but it had new meaning this morning! I was especially comforted by the following scriptures:

"Because she loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue her; I will protect her, for she acknowledges my name. She will call upon me, and I will answer her; I will be with her in times of trouble. I will deliver her and honor her. With long life will I satisfy her and show her my salvation." Psalm 91:14-16 (changed he/him to she/her)

If you are a mommy who is alone a lot with your children, I encourage you to read Psalm 91 frequently. Whether your husband travels, like mine, you are a single mom, you are a military mom, or you simply stay at home during the day, our heavenly Father wants you to enjoy your hours to their fullest. He does not desire for us to be spooked at things that go bump in the night. When the men who guard our homes are away, let's commit to drawing near to Him in our times of anxiety. Now, go fearlessly face your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment