Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Momma Got a New 'Do!

Every momma needs a pick-me-up now and then, especially one that involves your hair :-) I know I may be a little behind (or way behind!) the trend, but I finally gained the courage to try the "ombre" look! Check it out...


It is super different, but I think I really like it! I asked Caleb if he liked it, and he shook his head no...hmm, this is coming from the guy who typically has food crusted in his hair. I won't take it personally :-)

When you do need that new style to put a spring in your step, make sure to budget for it and discuss it with your sweetheart. Hair can be incredibly expensive, as we all know. Fortunately, I have a super sweet girlfriend who is a licensed cosmetologist. She charges me for the product, I give her a little extra, and we let our kiddos play while she does my hair in her kitchen. Way back when, I did a MMSM on trading services with girlfriends. For instance, a friend could do your hair if you watched her kiddos for the afternoon. Something like that. You both get a deal, and you both get what you need :-)

I must conclude since I promised my hubby I would finish organizing the office tonight as we prepare to list our house on Friday! A little (or a lot!) of work each day is making the preparation and staging a bit easier. Caleb is trying his best to be "helpful," and I have gotten over my guilt of iPad games and Thomas movies. I tell myself that it's only while we are in transition. Someone please hold me to that!

On a final note, yesterday, April 29, was exactly one year since my first blog post! What an incredible year this has been, and I appreciate each and every one of you for accompanying me on my journey of staying at home and making it work. Thank you for your support, your love, and your camaraderie as we figure out this thing called motherhood. I'll see you soon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment