Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hard Conversations

Greetings from Kansas! Caleb and I made an impromptu visit to my childhood home in order to spend some time with my mother. My traveling toddler did quite well, again, but it probably was highly entertaining to see me venture through Denver security by myself with a 1-year-old. You know those moms who have dinosaur/monkey/bear leashes attached to their kids? I'll never judge again...

I have a quick post today, but I hope it's encouraging to you. Have you ever dreaded a conversation or a confrontation that may be looming? Maybe with a friend, a boss, a parent, or an older child? I have been worrying over a situation that will come to a head soon, and the Father gently led me to Matthew 10 this morning. I pray that these words may help you with any difficult or anxiety-causing talks that may be coming your way, as a woman, a wife, and a mother.

"...At that time, you will be given what to say, for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you." Matthew 10:19-20

He always goes before us, and He always prepares the way for us. No matter what difficult situation you may encounter, pray that His words will take the place of yours. Today, and everyday, be blessed!

MMSM #64 
Kroger has introduced a new line of organic products that receive my MMSM seal of approval! The products are tasty, there are lots of different options (dairy, spaghetti sauce, noodles, meats, etc.), and the prices are excellent compared to other brands offering organic options. Here is a picture of the logo. Happy healthy eating for you and your family!

Tip #49

Tooth-brushing is one of those necessary, yet difficult, tasks to complete with toddlers! Right before bedtime wasn't working for us, as Caleb was tired, winding down, and just wanting to sleep. Shoving a toothbrush in his mouth didn't really jive with our calm atmosphere. So, I switched it up. I now keep his toothbrush and paste in the kitchen, and he brushes after breakfast and dinner. He gets to do it while I clean up his tray, then I finish for him. It's become part of our routine, and he isn't fighting me as much lately! If he does have a snack or milk before bedtime (rarely), I figure that his teeth probably won't fall out of his head...well actually, those baby teeth will eventually fall out of his head :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment