Wednesday, January 23, 2013

It's a Woman Thing

Good morning :-) I have a topic this morning that God is prompting me to write on, but my words aren't flowing with their normal ease. Forgive me :-) I'm headed to the doctor to check on some womanly aches and pains that are accompanying a probable UTI. I know, a lot of information, but I figured fellow mommies would and could share my pain. As he was getting ready for work, my husband was going on and on about his plans to mountain bike today because it is 65 degrees in a Colorado January, and I was trying to drag sympathy out of him for my current state. I know, pathetic! I then had an obvious, but sometimes remiss, revelation. He adores me, he wants the best for me, he can and does pray for me, but there is a huge chapter of being a woman that he will never, ever understand. That's not his fault. It's simply how God made him. They can sympathize to a degree, but they can't really empathize.

Let me be honest by telling you that we're in the emotional, excited, expectant, but cautious "are we pregnant, are we not pregnant" few weeks! Many signs point to yes, but some significant pain and a few others symptoms could prove no. As much as I say that I'm fine with either outcome, as mothers, we can all agree that a bigger part of us most always hopes that we are pregnant. As much as we try not to think about it, it can consume our daily thoughts. And as much as we have to do each day to keep us more than busy, every little twinge or wave of nausea can send us running to Google to begin the nursery design. Just kidding, sort of :-)

I say all of this to arrive at a point. By His design, there are emotional and physical parts of a woman that only two other beings can truly understand--other mothers and God. Our efforts to truly share these womanly anomalies with our husbands will, in my experience, usually leave us feeling less than satisfied. That's okay! I say we let our husbands meet us where they can, and we take the rest to the Lord, our mothers, and our friends. You want to whine about intense hormonal back pain? Take it to your mom. After all, she birthed you, and she would understand to a much greater degree than your sweet spouse. Having a hard time concentrating on the day ahead because you are daydreaming about the potential next baby on the way? Instead of prematurely talking baby names with your less than enthusiastic husband, let's go to His Word and experience His overwhelming peace and direction. There will be tons of time to talk "baby" with your man when all is confirmed and secured, but during this waiting time, why not try to really cling to the Lord and His plan for what's next. After all, the closer we are to Him, it's much easier to accept any type of news.

I hope my words made sense today, and that you hear my heart. Be blessed today, mommies, even when our womanly bodies try to bring us down!

No comments:

Post a Comment