Thursday, May 24, 2012

Baby Bottoms

Welcome back! While I had planned to continue my thoughts on making financial changes to support the lifestyle of staying at home with your children, a bad case of diaper rash and a new tooth made for a tiring and miserable evening for my son (can I get an "amen" for baby Tylenol!). Bless his heart! I honestly don't think I could be a baby again. It's hard work! Anyway, I did not have the chance to prayerfully prepare, as I like to do, but as I was doing my devotional this evening, two verses jumped out at me that I wanted to share with each mommy reading this post.

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience." Colossians 3:12

It's funny how the Lord works, but I believe each of those words may be applied to aiding in the healing of a tiny baby bottom feeling the effects of way too much fruit (lesson learned by this momma!). In all seriousness, we could, and should, apply these character traits to ourselves daily as we care for our sweet babies whom He chose to give us. Remember, he chose you to be the mother to your children. Just as you dearly love them, He dearly loves you (and them!).

Secondly, take a look at Colossians 3:23-24...

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." (emphasis added)

In everything, whether you are thanked profusely and showered with affirmation, or not, view each task as though you are doing it for Him...even if it means tending to a tiny behind. Just as He loves us, we are called to love Him. He created us. He gave us the capacity and desire to accept love and to show love. A challenge for all of us...focus your eyes on the One who gave you the opportunity to be a mother and see if your love for your husband and children strengthens. Love Him. Serve Him. Work for Him. As He says, there is a great reward waiting for you. He doesn't see anything you do for Him as meaningless.

Just a note...I will be adding a tab to my home page called "Organizational Tricks." I will be posting tips and tricks that I have learned, and I will post as I continue to learn, on how to run a household more efficiently. Enjoy reading and sharing!

Finally, if you would like to receive an email each time I post a new entry, please enter your email address on the left column of the home page. You won't get spam, I promise :-) As always, thanks for reading. Your interest is a daily encouragement to me. Be blessed, fellow mommies!


3 comments:

  1. I needed that encouragement- it's been one of those nursing every hour days on top of rob being gone for 16 hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that was helpful to you! I remember those days. Patrick had to travel for a week when Caleb was only 3 weeks old. It was really tough, but so are mommies! You can do it, Melissa :-) You are doing a great job!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete