Thursday, February 14, 2013

Lent Decision...Odds and Ends

Well, I promised I would get back to you from yesterday's post. After praying and thinking about it last night and today, I've decided that I will give up TV past 6pm. At first, that may not seem like a big deal, but think about it. After dinner and kiddo bedtime, how easy is it to just lounge in front of the TV, mindlessly letting the hours of your evening pass by. If you're like me, you end up falling asleep on the couch, especially when your hubby is out of town, and you wake up with a stiff neck to some creepy show that's playing at midnight. Now, I don't do this every night, but it's become enough of a habit that it's time to make a hard change. So now...I plan to use these non-TV hours to enjoy time with Patrick, to read books, do some Bible study, listen to music, and get to bed at a normal and routine bed time. I don't plan for this to be time for more cleaning or organizing, but instead for rest and rejuvenation that doesn't involve the Bachelor or Grey's Anatomy.

I'm not going as far as turning off the TV all together. I like watching the news, and I enjoy the noise as we're bustling about the house during the day. Also, I suspect that Caleb is too young to give up "Thomas" shows for Lent :-) I would love to hear what you and your family are choosing to go without during this season of sacrifice. Please feel free to comment below!

Enjoy the few new tips I have listed below, and check out my new post in Pinteresting Projects...Today, and everyday, be blessed!

MMSM #66

No one really needs a box of cookie cutters, but if you have a toddler, they sure are handy! For instance, they are a great tool to use when playing with playdough (check my Pinteresting Projects page), you can use them for a fun way to practice the alphabet and numbers, and if your son is obsessed with trains...you can use a train cutter to make his sandwich appeal to him. Just a thought! Check out this awesome deal on 100+ cookie cutters (link below)! They are priced at $9.99. Use a 20% BBB coupon, and you only pay $8 plus tax. Score!


Tip #51

Oh, sweet Dollar Store. You make my heart sing! I ventured to the Dollar Tree to find some inexpensive Valentine's decorations, and I stumbled upon a myriad of organizational options...ALL for a dollar. The next time you have a few minutes, make a list of items that could be stored away in bins, baskets, and buckets. Head to the $ store and shop 'til you drop. This week, with one trip, I organized our bath toys, his toys in our master bedroom, started a dirty clothes basket for the downstairs, and he has a larger toy basket for his bedroom. Want more Dollar store organizational ideas? Visit House Organization.


Don't worry...I didn't forget the holiday! Happy Valentine's Day, mommies!
If you read my post at The 5 Love Languages, you know I'm a "gift" girl. Well, no one understands that better than my momma! She surprised Caleb and me with a balloon bouquet, chocolates, and a teddy bear yesterday. We have thoroughly enjoyed her gift, and the fact that she thought of us all the way in Kansas made me smile!
This was Caleb's gift back to Grandma. I sure did enjoy spending my day with my little Valentine while my big Valentine is on a business trip.









No comments:

Post a Comment