Friday, February 8, 2013

Purity and Reverance

"Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see purity and reverence of your lives." 1 Peter 3:1-2 (emphasis added)

Purity:  chastity - cleanliness - cleanness - innocence - clarity
Reverencerespect - veneration - esteem - regard

As we embark upon the week before Valentine's Day, I'd like to take a few posts to focus on our relationships with our husbands. This, sweet mommies, is one powerful scripture. When we take the time to truly define words used in the Bible, a verse can really have a ten-fold meaning! If my behavior towards my husbands needs to show purity, by definition it means remaining sexually faithful to him, keeping myself clean physically, spiritually, and mentally, holding an innocence by not dabbling in things of the world and not of God, and not withholding my deepest thoughts, desires, and revelations from my husband. Now, let's move on to the next loaded word! To live in a state of reverence to my Lord and to my husband, I must practice holding God and my better half in the highest respect, I must have a profound awe for my authority figures, and I need to look up to my husband with the highest esteem and regard, whether he deserves it or not.

All of these attributes practiced on a daily basis will not only work wonders in the heart of my husband, but because I'm following a command of the Lord, my heart will be indefinitely changed as well. We know that every good and perfect thing comes from Him. If we dutifully and joyfully follow His instruction for how we are to live our lives, He wants nothing more than to bless us.

As we show gratefulness to the many people God has placed in our lives to love, and to love us, I pray that we take an extra measure of time to truly love our husbands. According to this verse, we are to keep our behavior in check, daily! Each man was hand-picked by God to love his individual wife, and each woman was hand-picked by God to love her individual husband. It's hard to remember that during the seasons of angst, frustration, and distance. But, setting a godly example for husbands can only help, never will it hurt.

To close, here is a neat website with a list of apps to encourage connection between spouses: Marriage Apps. Maybe you can choose one of these to cover him with blessings in the week to come! Today, and everyday, be blessed!

And, a new link on my "HOT Deals!" page:

Through February 14, 2013
Get a BOGO Starbucks drink with this coupon: Valentine's BOGO

2 comments:

  1. What a great post! Thank you so much for including a link to my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathryn! I enjoy reading your blog. Great insight :-)

      Delete