Friday, August 31, 2012

Happy Friday!

We're back!!! I can finally upload pictures, copy and paste, and most importantly...type away! I'm sure you can do all of those things on the iPad, but I'm starting to think I should probably take a class on how to use all of my iThings...they are smarter than me :-(

I have so many topics that I am excited to write on, now that our older-than-dirt computer has been revived...that's right! We didn't have to buy a new one! That was not in the budget this month, so praise God for super smart computer friends. Starting Monday, be sure and check the site for posts on:
  • Discipline...to spank, or not to spank. Discuss!
  • Going back to school, but I'm staying at home
  • Taking time to play with our children
  • Organization (is it biblical???)
  • Being like Jesus...taking time away to pray and be refreshed
  • How close is too close, when it comes to family?
  • We could do anything, but we choose to stay at home
  • Guys Night Out...they need it!
  • Creative fellowshipping
And, starting today, MMSM and Organizational Tips will continue! Isn't it funny how once you find your "thing" with God, it's amazing how down, sluggish, and uninspired you feel when you aren't doing it. Preparing to write and writing is my main way of connecting with Him and others, and when it isn't happening on a regular basis, I don't have my usual spunk. I pray that each of you has a "thing" that keeps you energized for the Lord. Oddly enough, my husband's is mountain-biking. He cranks his iPad up with his favorite praise music and hits the trail to experience the raw, unfiltered awesomeness of our God in nature. It's like he is a different person when he returns from a great ride. Whatever your way is to connect with our Savior, take time to do it :-)

My funny Friday story is gross...be prepared! Yesterday, my sweet boy was talking and giggling in his room when he awoke. I went to get him, and I noticed his jammies were all wet. And, there were tiny little white "crystals" everywhere. Strange! I transferred him to the changing table, and what did I find? My son had peed so much overnight (in a nighttime diaper, mind you) that his diaper actually popped, not leaked, popped. Ever seen the inside of a diaper? Tiny little pee-collecting crystals exploded from the diaper, and what was my son doing? Eating them! Aaaahhh! Needless to say, I stripped him down and thought that surely after a popping diaper, he had no pee left in his tiny body. I put him on the floor so I could clean up the diaper disaster, and he proceeded to toddle over (yes, we have a walker!) to the door and pee on the baby gate and carpet, while laughing. Lovely start to the day, but at least he was a happy boy. Had to share...this is the only place where fellow readers would understand :-)

Be blessed today, mommies! Take this verse as encouragement to meditate on for the weekend.

"Though you have not seen Him, you love Him; and even though you do not see Him now, you believe in Him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls." 1 Peter 1:8-9

MMSM #40
We all want to feed our children healthy, well-balanced, and perfectly nourishing snacks. Let's be honest...rarely does this happen on a consistent daily basis, despite our best efforts! To give all moms a little help in this area, try Annie's products. No, it isn't perfectly fresh and straight from the garden, but their organic snacks and meals are easy for on-the-go, and you can typically find coupons and good deals on their products. I'm a fan, and I give them my mommy seal of approval.

Tip #28

Love this idea! Want to know how to keep all of those cleaning products away from your little ones? Try an over-the-door shoe pocket holder! Hang it on the garage door for easy access to supplies, but always out of reach for the tiny tots. I can't claim this idea (Pinterest!), but I do love it. Check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment