Friday, August 10, 2012

Mini-Devo...Isaiah 55:8-11

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:8-11

Isn't it so comforting to know that our ways are NOT God's ways?!? Our best-made plans on where to live, when to have children, or who to marry (praise Jesus that my many high school prayers went unanswered!) are no match for His glorious path to each of our lives. Often times, our plans do line up, and the divine peace that envelopes the choice can give us a confidence that we are doing exactly what God wants us to do. I love it when that happens!

I've also learned that at the end of the day, when one of our ideas doesn't work out, it helps to focus on the fact, and Word, that He has a better idea...a much better idea! God is always intentional, always deliberate, and always has our best interest in mind with His loving heart. Maybe that job didn't work out, perhaps He wants you to stay at home with your children. Maybe that move didn't happen...perhaps He has friends and ministry waiting to be developed elsewhere. Maybe the pregnancy test was negative, again. Perhaps it isn't quite the right time for that new little life to appear. At the end of the day, mommies, we must trust that His ways are the better ways, the ones that will be most beneficial for us, and the ways that fit just perfectly into His over-arching plan for eternity. Be blessed today!


No comments:

Post a Comment