Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Verses 1-5

"Now sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you have received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel, you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you...for what I received I passed on to you as of first importance; that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Peter, and then to the Twelve." 1 Corinthians 15:1-5

This declaration from Paul, arguably the greatest apostle who has ever walked this earth, is a reminder to remain strong in your belief of the basic principle of the Christ-following life. Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God of the universe, died on the cross for our sins so that we may have eternal life in heaven. Jesus was then buried in a sealed tomb, and was gloriously raised from the dead three days later. His resurrected body was witnessed by the disciples and by many others in the days that followed. Believing these basic truths and accepting the love of Jesus Christ into your hearts guarantees that you will live for eternity with Him and all other believers. 

As mothers, we have the amazing opportunity to teach our children about the love of Christ and the basics of the gospel. We must be firm in our faith in order to effectively teach. Let that be the prayer for all of us today...that the Lord will give us spiritual confidence in our relationship with Him so that we may be a Godly example to our sweet babies. Be blessed today, mommies!

As always, if you have any questions or comments about my posts, I would love to talk! Just contact me through my profile :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment