Wednesday, August 8, 2012

His Protection Over Us

"The Lord will protect her and preserve her life; He will bless her in the land and not surrender her to the desire of her foes." Psalm 41:2 (him changed to her)

This morning, while continuing our exploration of Illinois, I made a really dumb driving error and Caleb and I were hit from behind. We are both fine, but the rental car has seen better days, and I have spent the rest of the afternoon quite shaken :-(. I will spare you the details, but let's just say a 1-way street confused me...

I had a fantastic topic that I was really excited to write about, but this topic overwhelmed my thoughts this afternoon. Again, without going into detail, this whole incident could have been drastically worse, like potentially deadly. While I have been in several other minor accidents, and one major, this was the first involving my son. As mothers, we can all understand the incessant need to protect our children. But, how do we explain the nauseating guilt that comes when you have done something, unintentional, to put your child in harm's way? At that point, we can only look to the Father and the battle He constantly fights for us.

I believe that Satan attacks us on a daily basis. He would love nothing more than to cause us harm, watch us fall, and lead us away from our God-given responsibilities and love for the Lord. Did Satan set the whole traffic incident up today? I don't know. But, I do know that God turned something meant for bad, really bad, into a minor annoyance of the day. That is fulfillment of His word.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

I tried to show the love of Christ in my interaction with the three men in the other vehicle, when they truly did not want to be nice. I sincerely apologized and asked for forgiveness. Maybe they needed someone to be nice to them today. I asked God to give me patience with the officer assessing the
situation (he clearly had no where else to be today...) and prayed for grace and mercy. What do you know? He informed me that while it was my fault, he didn't want to make my day any worse, so I 
would not be receiving a ticket. I continued to pray to God for His protection, and mercy, throughout the day, and when I finally talked to my husband who I assumed would be rightfully irate, he was 
absolutely loving, compassionate, and grateful for our safety. Then, when I assumed we would have to pay a $500 deductible, the insurance agent said that because it was a business rental, everything was covered. 

I tell you all of this to encourage you. Mommies, God has got our backs! Read through the verse at the top again. He protects those who love him. And through us, He protects our children. It can make you crazy thinking about how much worse a situation could have been, but sometimes it is necessary to see how our all powerful God has thwarted the plans of the evil one. Yes, problems will come. Bad days will happen. Really awful things can happen to those who love Him. But He knows how to work all things out for His glory. Be sure to thank Him when He does. For you, and for your children. Be blessed today, mommies. And, watch out for 1-way streets in unfamiliar towns :-)

I apologize for the lack of MMSM and OT's. Our computer has crashed on this trip, and I'm using the iPad to blog. I'm not very good at typing or navigating this fancy thing, so the tips are on hiatus. Don't worry...they will be back soon!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you and Caleb are okay! And even more miraculous, I can't believe you didn't get a ticket and that your insurance covered it all. That truly IS a blessing! God was and is watching over you. I love your thoughts on all this today.

    ReplyDelete