Thursday, September 13, 2012

Mini-Devo...Isaiah 30:21

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:21

What a confident verse to start our day! So many times I've heard people (myself included) say, "I just don't know that God wants me to do." I was talking to a friend yesterday about a potential out-of-state move on their horizon, and she is already doing everything I could suggest to her in order to listen to God's direction. After reading this verse this morning, I felt I was reminded that sometimes in our lives, with our husbands, and our children we just need to make the best decision our mature brains can muster and simply step out in faith. Perhaps, God is waiting for us to take that first step, and His gentle reassurance will come only after we have walked in faith. God is not in the business of trickery. He doesn't want to trip us up. He is faithful to show when a wrong decision has been made. He is faithful to close doors, sometimes painfully, when our path is not His path for us. If you have been waiting for confirmation from the Lord on a certain subject, and waiting, and waiting, and waiting...maybe it's time to make a choice, and then excitedly you may hear His sweet voice saying, "This is the way, my daughter, walk in it." Today and everyday, be blessed :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment