Friday, July 20, 2012

Back to the Basics of the Blog

Good morning! You may have noticed that I have not been posting SAHM joys each morning. Honestly, my whole day, everyday, is full of joys with my son, and I know that each of you have them as well. Sometimes, I find that things that make me laugh hysterically are not appreciated quite as much by others. That's okay! We all think our own children are the world's best comic :-) I will post little things every so often that make me smile, but I won't overload you with silly Caleb stories!

Today, I want to remind all of my sweet readers that my simple goal is to provide spiritual encouragement (and things to make you smile!) to all mommies with every post, whether they work outside the home or not.

Do I wholeheartedly and spiritually believe that mommies should make every effort to stay home with their children during the early years? Absolutely. Do I ever want to make someone feel bad or like I'm bragging about the amazing opportunity I have in staying at home? Never. My home situation is a gift from God. I recognize that, and I do not ever lose sight of that.  If you have ever felt that my words have come across in a belittling or judgmental way, please accept my humble apology. I think that when you're passionate about something, especially something you feel like the Lord has called you to do, you can quickly lose sight of other women's feelings and situations. If you have felt that tone from any of my posts, please forgive me.

Therefore, while my stance is firmly in promotion of staying at home and how to make it work for the whole family, I recognize that not everyone is in this same mindset or in a situation where this is currently feasible. My prayer for you is that some practical morsels from this blog may help you, and that Jesus, our Lord and Savior, can speak to you and your husband and guide you toward the direction of staying at home. I simply want to share what the Lord has taught me about this subject, with each of you. I don't ever want to make anyone feel bad.

All of that being said, I feel honored to wholeheartedly celebrate mommyhood with each of you! We have our hard days...you know the ones where you want to run down the street screaming, go hide in the bathroom (speaking of...check out the funny below!), pray for a 5-hour nap, or sell your children on Craig's List (totally joking!). But eventually, when we look back at these years, I imagine that the best and brightest moments will be the ones that God allows to shine through. Regardless of our work situation or the number of hours we spend with your precious ones each day, we get to be mothers!!! Against all odds of conception, pregnancies, intricate births, and the many things that could go wrong from start to finish (let's not go there...), our children are here. God picked each child to be given to each set of parents. It truly is a miracle. On those hard days, or on those days where you have to walk out the door to work again to lovingly provide for your family, this is what we should be mindful of. We get to be mothers. For that, let's all be truly grateful today!

As always, I would love to hear your thoughts and comments. Thank you for reading. Just now, my little guy is up. Have to run, but I will have a new MMSM and Organizational Tip on Monday. Be blessed!

Oh yes...we can't forget our Friday Funny!

2 comments:

  1. Dad's have learned that if you can develop your stench, then you can find 30 minutes of interrupted solitude. That gift is earned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe, you make me laugh. And, thanks for being a dude who reads my blog!

      Delete