Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mini-Devo...Hebrews 13:5-6

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."
So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"
Hebrews 13:5-6

I loved reading this verse this morning and sharing it with each of you. Typically, to be a stay-at-home mom, you have to give up many material things in order to make it work. As moms, we need to constantly strive to keep ourselves free from the love of money. I was always taught that money itself isn't evil, but the love of money is where the problems begin. If the Lord has blessed you with financial prosperity, praise Him for it! But remember, it can all be gone in an instant. It is not wise for us as mothers, wives, and the primary examples for our children to show a strong dependence on and love for money. Look above at God's promise for us if we choose to follow Him, and not the love of money...
  • He will not ever leave us
  • He will not ever forsake us
  • He will help us
  • He will teach us how to not be afraid
  • He will protect us from all schemes of man
Sounds good to me! Be blessed today, mommies. Focus on Him, not money!

No comments:

Post a Comment