Friday, July 13, 2012

Mission Statement

Good morning! I hope you have all had a fantastic week with your families and are looking forward to quality time this weekend. We are celebrating our son's birthday on Sunday, so my house is slowly filling up with family as we prepare for the big par-tay! I decided on a bouncy ball theme, and trust me, I've gone nuts with it :-) Pictures, money-saving craft ideas, and inexpensive menu item ideas will be posted next week!

I wanted to call your attention to my mission statement that I have written at the top of the page. When I started this blog, I really had it on my heart to offer Godly financial counseling advice. As this process has evolved, I've realized that I'm no financial guru, and my best advice is the simple day-to-day practices that we live by. I list these in the McNamee Money-Saving Methods section. Therefore, as to remain accurate to what most of this blog is centered around, I changed the middle statement to:

"It will also give scripture-backed, practical encouragement to help mommies learn to fully enjoy the sweet calling of motherhood."

I hope you find this, and the other two statements, to be an accurate description of what this blog is all about. I'm really trying to allow the Lord to lead my writing where He desires, and I pray that you are encouraged in some way by the various topics I discuss. As always, please feel free to email me with comments or questions, or if you are curious how I tackle a particular topic of mommyhood. Clearly, it's my passion, and I love sharing it with each of you!

I will post another great worship song to be encouraged by tomorrow morning, but for now, let's enjoy this Funny Friday comic. Isn't is so true?! Be blessed today, mommies!


MMSM #32

Today's tip is quite odd, but I feel compelled to share. We've made quite a bit of money off of it! For some reason, strangers like to hit our vehicles while they are parked. Truly, this has happened four times over the course of our 8-year relationship. Thankfully, no one has ever been hurt, but there has been some serious damage to our vehicles. I was always under the assumption that the liable party's insurance would simply pay for car repairs after an accident. We then found out that you may opt to simply collect a check from the insurance and forego fixing the vehicle at that time. Seriously, ladies, we have collected upwards of $5000 over the years by not fixing our cars. Again, I know this sounds odd, but if your husband (or a friend) is handy with body work, spend a bit of money to get the car in good functional condition, swallow the embarrassment of driving a less than perfect car, and put that money towards debt payoff! Now, can you make this a daily financial practice? Of course not. But in the future, if your car is damaged, consider looking at it as an extra pay day instead of immediately running to the mechanic :-)

Tip #20


I thoroughly enjoy doing various projects with scrapbook paper. No, I don't have tons of amazing scrapbooks, but I do other various projects using my imagination. I use to have the paper "neatly" stacked on some shelves, but it inevitably would get mixed up and fall off. I tend to avoid projects when my supplies are unorganized! So, I found a Rubbermaid product that works great. The bottom drawer holds my 8.5x11 paper, the middle drawer holds my 12x12 paper, and the top drawer holds my scraps! Happy paper-crafting :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment