Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Back on Track

And, we're back! After a challenging weekend of fevers, a garage sale, a quick stop home for my hubs, fear over a massive wild fire, and another cold for my little guy, I'm back in action! Today's SAHM joy is...
While SAHM's are extremely busy, I love having the flexibility to get projects done. If you structure it strategically, you can truly get a lot more done while being a SAHM than working outside the home and parenting simultaneously. I'm currently turning our office in to a playroom/craftroom (pictures coming soon!), and I love allowing my creative juices to flow during morning nap, when I'm at my best, than at night when I'm exhausted from the day. Just a little perk, but I'll take it!

If you're like me, a daily quiet time with the Lord is put on the back burner when crazy life happens. If my little man is up six times throughout the night, it's much harder to be disciplined and wake up early for some personal time. If my hubby is only home for three nights, I'd honestly rather lay in bed and talk with him instead of going off by myself. This one is pretty pathetic, but we've been out of coffee for three days. I keep meaning to go to the store, and then it just doesn't happen. There's another reason I feel unmotivated to start my day a little early.

After not having a quiet time with the Lord since last Wednesday morning, God gently showed me that I am not at my best when I don't make time for Him. I was markedly cranky with my husband and my son, I didn't make wise food choices, I had a lot of fear and anxiety over issues beyond my control, and I felt generally overwhelmed and tired when I looked at my situation. And at the very least, I felt uninspired to write.

I know I've shared this scripture before, but I felt it clearly on my mind throughout the weekend. Isaiah 40:28-31 

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired and weary, and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

According to this infallible Word, if we take time to focus on the Lord, He will give us strength, increase our power, renew us, allow us to run and to walk through life, all without growing tired. Those sound like great promises to me! Especially for moms.

Learn from my week-long mistake, and make sure to take the time you need to receive refreshment from Him. As I conclude this entry, I already feel better! Be blessed today, mommies!

MMSM #29

If your family or your husband is on a bi-weekly pay schedule, you will get two "extra" paychecks per year. June happens to be one of those months. It is so easy for the extra money to be combined with whatever else is in your account, and you feel like you have a more comfortable cushion. I challenge each of you to deliberately set that money aside, either into savings, debt payoff, or in a plan for something fun. You have to be diligent about this, otherwise it gets lost in the shuffle!

Tip #17


My son is in a huge growth spurt...not only outgrowing clothes, but toys and activities, too. In an early MMSM, I mentioned using diaper boxes to pack away clothes and label them as you go. This way, for the next little one, you can easily grab what you need when you need it from the basement. For larger items that don't fit in boxes (bouncy chairs, play mats, car seats), I've found that putting them in trash bags to protect from dust and bugs, and then tying a garage sale tag around the top labeling what the item is, works great! Make a designated "baby section" in your basement or storage area, and you are a well-organized momma for baby#2!

1 comment:

  1. Didja get any coffee yet? I've got plenty of coffee but no coffeemaker...maybe we should get our acts together. Lovin' your blog girlie!

    ReplyDelete