Friday, June 15, 2012

Days Filled with Poo

Let's face it. There are some days when we feel like we have absolutely no idea what we're doing. We feel inadequate, unprepared, and unqualified for the SAHM job. If you let yourself go there, it's a bit overwhelming to think that God has chosen you and put you in charge of raising little lives for eternity...that's no small feat! But because He is a humorous God, I'm convinced He puts little funnies along the way to remind us to not take everything so seriously. For instance, yesterday my friend's son decided to take his diaper off during nap time and then proceed to poo all over himself and his crib. If/when that happens at my house, I doubt the first thing I think of will be thankfulness to God for allowing me to mold this spirit for eternity. The first thing I'll think of is...that is absolutely disgusting, and I need to run down the street screaming while leaving this for my husband to clean up!

On those days where it seems less about eternal teaching and more about poo in the crib, remember that we can always turn to Him for guidance on what to do in a situation, any situation. He is ready and waiting to help us with whatever we need, even how to go about cleaning poo situations. Just ask! In my experience, He will impress certain thoughts upon my heart and my mind, even about things that seem menial to me but are causing me stress!

In the mean time, you can have a laugh with Him over your current phase of life. I bet your husband doesn't encounter that type of mess on a daily basis! Carry this verse with you today...

"His diving power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by his own glory and goodness." 2 Peter 1:3 (emphasis added)

And share this with another SAHM for a good laugh!


Be sure to check for today's MMSM and Organizational Tip. Be blessed, mommies!

No comments:

Post a Comment