Monday, March 25, 2013

Easter Week - Monday

Morning! In continuation of yesterday's post, Palm Sunday, here is today's devotional to do with your family in honor of Easter week!

Easter Week - Cleansing the Temple
This is the second time that Christ has cleared the temple. The first time, He declared it to be "My Father's house," but this time, He called it, "My house." The offensive activity was occurring in the outside courts where people of all races could come and worship. After clearing the court, blind, lame, and honest people came to Jesus to be healed and taught. Children saw His ministry and burst forth into praise and worship in a hymn that was heard by the angels: "Hosanna to the Son of David!"

Prophecy (scripture from the Old Testament that accurately foretold the happenings of Jesus): "...these I will bring to my holy mountain and give them joy in my house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be accepted on my altar; for my house will be called a house of prayer for all nations." Isaiah 56:7

Scripture Reading: Matthew 21:12-17, Mark 11:12-19, Luke 19:45-48

Easter craft #2:
Click the following link for a tutorial on making these very cool decorations! I will be putting mine in our Easter baskets and display them throughout the house, until Easter morning. You can also make Easter egg garland, or use them to decorate your Easter dinner table! Homemade Easter Eggs
Check back tomorrow for Tuesday's devotional, and for another Easter craft! Enjoy the day with your little lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment