Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Easter Week - Tuesday

Welcome back! Little man woke up extra early today, so I'm hoping Dinosaur Train will keep him occupied while I post! I know...T.V. babysitting at its finest!

To continue our Easter box tradition that I introduced on Sunday (Palm Sunday), here is Tuesday's devotional:

Easter Week - Parables and Teachings
Day three was spent again in the temple, teaching the people and answering the challenges of the Pharisees and Sadduccees. The Savior's last teaching in the temple was the parable of the widow's mite. Later, He taught His disciples more about being watchful and ready for His second coming as they journeyed and reached the Mount of Olives. Included in that teaching was the parable of ten virgins, the parable of the talents, and the parable of the final judgement. 

Application: What can we learn from the parables that Jesus taught? How do they apply to us today? Are we giving our most and developing our best selves? Are we preparing to meet Christ when He comes again?

Prophecy (scripture from the Old Testament that accurately foretold the happenings of Jesus): "I will open my mouth in parables, I will utter hidden things, things from of old..." Psalm 78:2

Scripture Reading: Matthew 21:18 - 25:46, Mark 11:20 - 13:37, Luke 20:1 - 21:38, John 12:20 - 17:26

Recently, there has been a big buzz about the History Channel's new mini-series, The Bible. Liberal news media sources have gaffed at the fact that the series' portrayal of Satan bears a striking resemblance to President Obama! I don't know if I agree with that, but I will say that any publicity about a show that accurately portrays God's Word is a good thing! Regardless of the reason, people are watching. Lots of people are watching. We started the five-part series yesterday. I have to say, mommies...I was deeply moved. It is a beautiful portrayal of the stories of the Bible from start to finish, Old Testament through New Testament. We're planning to watch the whole series by Easter Sunday, and I highly recommend you taking the time to watch. Use your discretion with young eyes. There is quite a bit of violence.

Check out these fun Easter ideas! See you tomorrow!

This isn't terribly spiritual, but I kind of love it! Check out the idea at Jelly Bean/Lollipop Garden



No comments:

Post a Comment